The St Mirren FC Youth Academy are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Sports Science & Medicine to oversee the academy youth squads (U11-U18) and the reserve league squad.
Reporting to the Head of Youth Development, you will be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging sporting environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do. The role will be on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be a highly reliable and enthusiastic individual who is able to motivate and enthuse others. You will also be willing to work irregular hours to include evening and weekends, (as and when games are scheduled). To be a positive role model within the club, have exceptional record keeping and organisational skills, and be willing to travel to away games with the squads.
In addition to working with the Reserve League and Academy squads, you will have the opportunity to manage the Youth Academy Physiotherapy Clinic and work with our highly skilled First Team Physiotherapist to gain invaluable experience of working within a professional sporting environment, assessing acute injuries and developing and progressing rehabilitation programmes.
- Provide pitch side Physiotherapy at both home and away matches
- Assess acute injuries
- Devise appropriate rehabilitation programmes
- Attend the Youth Academy Physiotherapy Clinic
- Attend staff in-service training
- BSc/MSc in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Sports First Aid Certificate (Recognised by the Scottish FA)
- Membership with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG)
- CSP Membership
- MSc in Sports Therapy/Medicine
- Experience of working in professional sport in a medical setting
Competitive Dependant on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Please send a CV with covering letter to [email protected].
Applications will close on Friday 23rd August 2019