Match Report: St Mirren 1-1 Livingston

Match Report: St Mirren 1-1 Livingston

St Mirren drew their third match in a row following a stalemate with Livingston at the SMiSA Stadium.

A Conor McCarthy own-goal gave the visitors an early lead before a stunning Cammy MacPherson goal got Saints level before the break. And 1-1 was how it would finish as Jim Goodwin's side stayed in sixth and moved a point ahead of Dundee United. 

The manager made two changes to the side that drew 1-1 with Hamilton Academical on Wednesday with Ryan Flynn and Dylan Connolly in for Kyle McAllister and Lee Erwin.

Saints had started brightly - winning a free-kick in a good area, centrally, 25 yards from goal on three minutes. Ilkay Durmus took as he looked to add to his goal on Wednesday night, but slammed into the wall.

Then, with just seven minutes played, Livingston went in front. It was fortuitous for the visitors as Richard Tait's headed clearance bounced off McCarthy and into the Saints net. 

But immediately, St Mirren went in search for a quick equaliser with MacPherson using the horrendous conditions to let fly from distance. It was an awkward one for Livingston goalkeeper Robby McCrorie who just managed to punch clear. 

Craig Sibbald then had a go from 20 yards which Jak Alnwick had to get down well to push away on the half-hour mark. 

Two minutes later, the Buddies were level thanks to a stunning strike from MacPherson. A good passage of play saw Jon Obika flick the ball on to the Saints Academy graduate who drove forward before cracking into the top corner of the net from 20 yards with his weaker foot.

The conditions were getting the better of the match in the second-half with swirling wind and rain making it difficult for either side to get the ball down and play. It took until the last 10 minutes of the game for Saints to really exert pressure in search of a winner. 

Lee Erwin, who came on for the goalscorer, did brilliantly to nod down a Marcus Fraser pass into the path of fellow substitute Kyle McAllister. The number 10 had his shot blocked by a Livi defender. It then fell to Durmus whose hit was deflected over by Efe Ambrose. 

A minute later McCrorie was forced into a stop from Tait's powerful effort from the edge of the area. The 'keeper couldn't take it at the first attempt but managed to smother before Erwin could get on the end of it. 

Full-Time: St Mirren 1-1 Livingston


St Mirren: Alnwick, Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy (c), Tait, Flynn, MacPherson (Erwin 73), Erhahon, Durmus, Connolly (McAllister 60), Obika
Subs Not Used: Lyness, Urminsky, Finlayson, Henderson, Jamieson

Livingston: McCrorie, Devlin, Ambrose, Guthrie (c), Serrano, Holt, Sibbald (Lawson 64), Mullin (Emmanuel-Thomas 69), Pittman, Forrest (Taylor-Sinclair 56), Reilly (Kabia 64)
Subs Not Used: Stryjek, McMillan, Pignatiello, Tiffoney, Poplatnik

Referee: William Collum
Assistant Referee: Graeme Leslie
Assistant Referee: Michael Banks
Fourth Official: Gavin Ross

  • Aspray
  • Big Front Door
  • Just Employment Law
  • Gennaro
  • Ultimate Home Solutions
  • Kibble
  • Logo Digby Brown
  • Logo Clarke Epos
  • Uws.png
  • Curtis Sport
  • Joma
  • Pro Life
  • The Energy Check
  • FVL
  • Lottomart
  • Logo Spfl 2020
  • Skysports 200
  • Logo Premiership 2021
Enquiries; 0141 889 2558
Ticket Office; 0141 840 6120
Commercial; 0141 840 1337

Email; [email protected]

Ticket Office Hours This Week;
23/05/2022 10:00-16:00
24/05/2022 10:00-16:00 and 17:00-19:00
25/05/2022 10:00-16:00
26/05/2022 10:00-16:00 and 17:00-19:00
27/05/2022 10:00-16:00
28/05/2022 CLOSED
29/05/2022 CLOSED
Call 0141 840 6120

[email protected]

[email protected]