(Package will be commensurate with the necessary experience for this role)
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our first team as senior physio.
The role includes leading the first team medical department in the development and organisation of the assessment, treatment and education of the first team squad.
In addition, the job holder will also be expected to take a significant role in the provision of development and education to the wider sports medicine team for the club as a whole.
Key duties include:
- To lead and oversee the provision of musculoskeletal and medical care for the the first team of more than 25 footballers
- To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team on the care and injury status of players
- To travel with the team and provide pitch-side medical cover for all first team matches
- To assess new signings and give appropriate medical guidance to the Manager
- To maintain secure, accurate and up-to-date medical records
- To manage the first team medical budget.
- The role will involve working in collaboration with the Academy interdisciplinary team to create a high performance environment that nurtures and develops individual through a development pathway that aims to optimise player health and wellbeing to maximise player availability and performance.
- We are looking for an individual that is reflective in his/her practice and who can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of clinical reasoning during assessment and treatment. The individual must also be able to transfer this into clinical practice.
- The successful candidate will be joining an innovative interdisciplinary team with a wide variety of expertise within the professional sporting environment. This is a department that is ambitious and continuously seeking to develop and enhance its current position.
The following are mandatory for consideration for the role:
- At least three years post qualification practice in an elite sports environment
- BSc or Masters degree in Physiotherapy
- Valid HCPC and CSP registrations
- Relevant qualifications in the pitch-side trauma management
- Excellent rapport building and motivational skills
How to Apply
To apply please send a current CV to [email protected] by Friday 19th May.