Standards and Expectations at St Mirren Academy
The Academy will (where it is reasonably possible):
- Provide a safe environment in which the player can develop without the fear of abuse.
- Provide medical screening, monitoring and advice.
- Provide a programme of development that will challenge and enhance the technical, educational and social potential of the player.
- Liaise with educational establishments where necessary and appropriate.
- Support parents/guardians in their quest to promote academic and personal development.
- Provide regular participation in football matches sanctioned by the SFA.
- Provide qualified and monitored coaching.
- Provide excellent examples of good behaviour.
- Provide approved quality of facilities.
- Provide training kit where appropriate.
- Provide guidance and advice to assist the player and parents/guardians on the player’s progress.
- Provide procedures for communicating and reporting to the player and parents/guardians on the player’s progress.
- Each player to abide by the individual player’s code of conduct.
- Parents to abide by the parental code of conduct.
- Players to attend coaching sessions and matches regularly and punctually.
- Players to give notice and reason for any absence.
- Players to return kit when requested.
- Players to produce a level of behaviour that is in accordance with the philosophy and ethos of St Mirren Football Club.
- Parents to support players through praise for good work and refrain from pressurising and criticising lapses.
- Players not to participate in schools football unless at primary school or by permission by St Mirren Football Club/SFA.
- Players to have regular and punctual attendance at school.
- Players to maintain a lifestyle that is appropriate to development, with regards to diet, nutrition, rest and relaxation.
- Players not to approach or permit any approach from any other clubs during their registration, except with permission of St Mirren Football Club.
- Players to report any concerns to the Youth Academy Manager or Child Welfare Officer.